Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina Health Insurance
Comparing and finding the best health insurance coverage has never been easier. You're a few seconds away from obtaining detailed quotes for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina's industry-leading health insurance programs.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina Health Insurance: Information, Health Plans & Insurance Quotes
More than 60 years ago, a priest, a businessman and a journalist shared a vision to create a non-profit prepaid hospital plan for the state of South Carolina. Those gentlemen, Monsignor George Lewis Smith, Roger Huntington, and George Buchanan were instrumental in creating the South Carolina Hospital Service Plan (which would later become known as Blue Cross) in 1946.
Today, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina proudly serve nearly one million Palmetto state residents. This means that nearly one in four South Carolina residents trust their health insurance to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina.
Health Plans for Individuals and Families
BCBS of South Carolina has a vast array of health plans to meet just about any health insurance need. From a "build your own plan" to several Medicare supplement options, there is a plan that is right for you!
- Personal Blue Plans – This plan offers individuals the ability to "build your own plan."
- High Deductible Plans: Personal Blue – This choice is for the family who would rather have a higher deductible and lower monthly premiums. Reliable coverage at reduced cost is what this plan stands for.
- Medicare Supplements – These plans are the Standard Plans/Blue Care. These plans are also known as Medigap and they also offer discounts and added values for eyewear, hearing aids, and alternative medicines are a popular feature of these plans.
- Medicare (Part A) Supplement – Known as Blue Select, works with your Medicare Part A. As long as you use a participating hospital for inpatient health care services, your Medicare Part A deductible will be covered.
- Medicare Advantage/Supplement Plans – These are various supplement plans that include PPO, PFFS, and Drug Plans. These plans offer low premiums and low copayments.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina was rated as A+ (superior) by A.M. Best rating in late 2009. BCBS of South Carolina is the only health insurance provider in the state of South Carolina with a superior rating!
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina Foundation
BCBS of SC is very involved in the communities they serve. Through the Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina Foundation, they support health care related research, education, and service. The Foundation also awards grants to aid the uninsured and underinsured, children and adolescents. The Foundation was established in 2001 with the promise to help and provide hope to South Carolinians who need it most.
Trust. Value. Choices. These are definitely three words you can count on when you search for a health insurance plan with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina.
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina
P.O. Box 100300
Columbia, SC 29202-3300
To view plans from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina in your area, choose your state:
Visit GoHealth for health insurance plans and options.