Avoid the last minute scramble to use all of the funds in your Flexible Savings Account (FSA) after Christmas and start preparing yourself to use the funds by the end of the year.
Here are seven easy ways to use the FSA funds that you still have this month:
1. Get a prescription for over-the-counter medications.
2. Submit receipts for health care services and prescribed medications.
3. Get a backup pair of prescription glasses or order contact lenses.
4. Visit a health care provider for a routine medical appointment.
5. Get a flu shot or vaccination.
6. Schedule an acupuncture or chiropractic visit.
7. Buy medical equipment (can include pregnancy tests, band aids, blood pressure tests, etc).
If you seem to never use all of the funds in your FSA, consider switching to a Health Savings Account (HSA) soon. The funds in HSAs roll over ever year unlike the funds in FSAs, hence the scramble.