Dean Health Plan, Inc. Health Insurance
Comparing and finding the best health insurance coverage has never been easier. You’re a few seconds away from obtaining detailed quotes for Dean Health Plan, Inc.’s industry-leading health insurance programs.
Dean Health Plan, Inc.
Dean Health Plan is one of the largest integrated health insurance delivery systems in the United States. Consumers have many health insurance options with Dean Health Plans when it comes to finding a plan that fits their health care and budget needs.
Dean currently has a membership of over 250,000 with 1,900 physicians to serve their members in south-central Wisconsin.
About Dean Health Plan, Inc.
Dean was established in 1904 and is the insurance services subsidiary of Dean Health System and SSM Health Care. Dean is one of the most diversified HMOs that serves the Midwest and maintains a leadership role in the insurance industry.
Dean Health Plan is a privately held Wisconsin corporation that is headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin. Dean has been a physician-owned and physician-governed since its inception. With an astounding 95 percent of the company owned by physician-shareholders and the remaining 5 percent is owned by SSM Health Care. SSM Health Care owns several hospitals nationwide including St. Mary’s Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin and St. Clare Hospital in Baraboo, Wisconsin.
Health Insurance Products
Dean Health Plan, Inc. includes Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans and freedom-of-choice plans for individuals, families, and group coverage. They also provide coverage for Medicare and Medicaid programs.
With physician shareholders running and owning the majority of the company, you can rest assured that the health of the community Dean serves is a top priority!
Dean Health Plan Convenience
Dean Health Plan, Inc. recognizes the need for convenience. They have 42 clinic locations in southern Wisconsin and two specialized surgery centers. They also have affiliations with seven area hospitals, and 22 Davis Duehr Dean locations. The Davis Duehr Dean locations are the largest eye care network in the Midwest.
Adding to the convenience of Dean Health Plan, Inc. is the ability to maintain communications with them around the clock. Dean provides two portals for their members, including DeanConnect and MyChart. DeanConnect allows members to stay up-to-date on wellness information and to access their own health insurance benefit information. With MyChart, members can actually stay in touch with their provider, browse their medical history, and make appointments.
Dean Awards and Recognition
The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) has given Dean Health Plan the absolute highest rating for their commercial HMO product. In 2005, Dean Health Plan also earned a well deserved place in the U.S. News & World Report list of America’s Best Health Plans.
Dean Health Plan
PO Box 56099
Madison, Wisconsin 53705
Visit GoHealth for health insurance plans and options.